Structured Canvas Language, or SCL, is a web-based programming language designed to easily make animations on web pages. Unlike Flash, SCL™ is created on a web page and runs on all platforms, mobile and desktop. SCL™ is unique in that its code is entered on a web page, rather than read from a server. The language is declarative in nature, meaning that you simply state what you want to happen, and SCL™ decides how to do it. The SCL™ web site provides a development studio for creating animations and games, plenty of documentation, and a trove of examples and demos.
How it works
The SCL™ Development Studio is a robust development studio where animations can be created and tested, even on mobile devices. The developer studio contains example code, example animations, a scratch pad for experimenting, and a canvas that plays the animation being created. For testing, a link is provided that enables testing on other devices.
SCL™ provides two development environments: one for general animations, and one for games. General animations are embeddable on other web sites, blogs and other HTTP/HTML services. Games, being a special case of animation, are published on the SCL™ game site http://playSCL.com. The two environments allow non-programmers to easily create animations that will run anywhere.
- Create animations and games through a single web interface without requiring access to a server
- No programming experience is required. Learn from examples
- Extensive documentation and live, editable, examples
- SCL™ animations run on all HTML5 compliant browsers - desktop and mobile
- Robust animations features include:
- Sprites with parent/child relationships
- Various types of sprite movements and effects
- Basic draw operations on the canvas or onto sprites
- Different methods to store animation data
- Respond to animation events and user actions
- Sound support
SCL™ games: http://playscl.com/
About Linewave Inc.
Linewave Inc is a Canadian registered corporation, founded by Derek Duban, operating out of Edmonton Alberta. Until recently Linewave focused on contract programming in the Edmonton area. SCL™ was developed by Linewave over the past several years and is now the primary focus of operations.
Form: Web form