A Rotation is an alteration that will rotate a sprite around its center point. It has a number of
interesting options in order to get your sprite oriented how you want it.
When applying a rotation to a child sprite, the angles are relative to the sprite's direct
parent sprite, not the screen.
create routine as Start launch spinner end
create sprite from windmill-180x180.png as spinner
where center=90,90 and x=350 and y=160
create rotation as rot1
where speed=-100 distance=720 easein20 easeout=40
See the angles page for more details.
- speed of rotation in degrees per second. This can be a negative value to rotate clockwise.
- the distance to rotate - positive values only - speed sets direction.
OR,use distance=short to travel the shortest distance to the given destination. In this case, the sign of speed is ignored.
- rotate until this angle is reached
- rotate until pointing at this x,y coordinate
- gradually increase speed over this distance (in degrees).
- before reaching distance, gradually decrease speed over this distance (in degrees).
- specify a routine or another alteration to run when the rotation stops